Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #211
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Method air, I just wanted to say, I've listened to your solo a few times over the last few weeks, and I think it's awesome. Some really nice flowing ideas there, with lots of impact/aggression. I love the way you switch from licks into groove and back into licks again. You got a great sound recorded too. Please post some more of your playing. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would like to hear more. forums

  2. #212
    Inactive Member tombo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Just did a listening session.

    Roy:
    I?m a big fan of the latin trio setting so your stuff appeals to me.
    I love songo. I?d put it everywhere!?!. Good idea to play it on a Xmas song!

    Drumhead:
    I never went deep in linear grooves but this one sounds really involved and yet feels very smooth!
    If you have time someday to break it down, that would be cool!

    Pete:
    Crazy! On which CD is this last tune?

  3. #213
    Inactive Member Pedro G's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pete, I just listened to your last demos, AMAZING as always.
    Besides the technical stuff that you obviously have under control, every time I heard something with your drumming on top, I find myself with a big smile in my face, and that's the best compliment that I can give to any drummer.

    My slow internet conection can't keep up with all the wonderful demos on this forum, but I'm hearing very intrsting things here, congratulations to everyone!!!

  4. #214
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pedro and Tombo,

    You guys are two from my heart and
    I want to sound like YOU's!

    This is from Eddie Palmieri's -

    EL REY DE LAS BLANCAS Y NEGRAS

    It's a terrible recording and with
    a band that's a little more elastic
    BUT the energy on that one tune is
    just so high, I have blisters all
    over my fingers! I'm not kidding.

    I have to lay off it. It's not
    done yet but you get the idea.

    Get a load of that last section!

    Of course, THANK YOU but I'll just
    keep holding the pedestal for the
    rest of you guys here. You guys
    inspire me; Pedro and Tombo!

    And, by the way, Pedro - You know
    how much I love your drumming and
    so when you say anything about me,
    I have to feel fortunate!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 06, 2004 06:26 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  5. #215
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Killin Pete !
    New York hasn't left you !

  6. #216
    Inactive Member mwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pete,

    Man, that was fun! [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Fantastic.

  7. #217
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awgh, you guys... Thanks.

    I just shoveled my wife out of the
    sheet of ice she created by spinning
    those tires... Oxygen, please!

    I'll try it again, next week, when
    I heal a little bit.

    Here's the latest again:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/oyeloqueteconviene3.mp3

    I've said it before but, in Latin,
    there lies the GREATEST wealth for
    us, as drummers. Thanks again.

    I appreciate all of your encouragement!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  8. #218
    Inactive Member mwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pete,

    How's Evanston treating you? I went to school there, but lived next door in Skokie. I enjoyed the area (other than the cold).

  9. #219
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really? Where do you live now?

    I have lived here since 1984. I do
    like it, though it's changing a lot
    these days.

    If you have not visited in a while,
    the downtown area will be hard to
    recognize for you, believe it or
    not! It's crazy!

    Thanks again for you nice words.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 06, 2004 05:56 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  10. #220
    Inactive Member mwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did visit Evanston a couple of years ago and yes it had changed! (I live in Florida now.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •